To scale up capacity-building services across the countries of the region, PEMSEA expanded its network of experts through the establishment of the PEMSEA Regional and National Task Forces. The Regional Task Force (RTF) and National Task Force (NTF) are teams of specialists and experts that will serve as the region's knowledge sharing agents and PEMSEA's technical support mechanisms in the implementation of the SDS-SEA.
Grounded on the ICM framework and process, the RTF members provide technical assistance at the regional, subregional and national levels, while the NTF members provide support to countries in the application and scaling up of ICM approach in the local language, thereby overcoming communication barriers and constraints and ensuring better transfer of information.
Activities of PEMSEA Task Force Teams
- Project planning, development and management
- Coastal strategy development and implementation
- Environmental risk assessment
- Integrated information management
- Environmental and resource valuation
- Coastal use zoning
- Integrated environmental monitoring
- Waste management/pollution control
- Performance evaluation
- Coastal and ocean policy and institutional arrangements
- Training and skills development
- Communication and stakeholder mobilization
- Hazard management and prevention